- IP Source Guard provides Layer 2 source IP address filtering to prevent spoofing of an unauthorized host uses authorized hosts IP address. This feature uses dynamic DHCP Snooping and a static input of the source IP address.
- The S4600 series support DHCP Snooping which prevent attacks with using an illegal DHCP server by setting trusted ports and unused ports. By enabling DHCP Snooping Binding and DHCP option 82, you can combine modules such as dot1x and ARP DAI or independently implement user access control.
- Access control list (ACL) can be used to restrict access to sensitive network resources by filtering packets and forwarding according to established rules. The user-defined ACL provides more flexible access control for users.
- The S4600 series supports much more L2 security features such as ARP protection, ARP scanning and other ARP and MAC security technologies to protect network security and reliability.
- Advanced administration of DCN switches. Network solutions configured via the well-known command line interface (CLI) or the easy-to-use Web-based graphical interface.
- Network traffic monitoring using sFlow or SNMP protocols.
10 GIGABIT PORTS
- The S4600 X series of access switches offers up to 4x 10 gigabit ports that can work as a redundant link working with various ring protection functions, effectively increasing scalability and network performance.
- All SFP + ports support 10 gigabit as well as 1 gigabit transmission.
- Virtual Switch Framework (VSF) can connect multiple DCN switches into one logical device, achieving sharing of information boards and data between different switches. By using this functionality, the devices in the stack have increased performance and the number of ports. VSF technology is also characterized by simplified management and greater operational reliability.
- The S4600 X series supports 4 Gigabit ports as an uplink, which can work as redundant links working with various ring protection functions, effectively increasing the scalability and network performance.
- G.8032 (ERPS) with a 50ms network structure switching time provides protection in the event of a connection failure and re-recovery of L2 layer traffic in ring topology. The S4600 X series supports G.8032 v2 and can be implemented in a variety of complex network topologies, including single ring, tangential ring, and intersecting rings.
- The multiple spanning tree protocol (MSTP) allows the introduction of many logical network topologies - instances to which multiple VLANs can be assigned - resulting in redundant and stable Ethernet transmission.
- MRPP is a authorial DCN protocol offering ring protection. Compared to the STP protocol, it has faster convergence (50ms), a simple algorithm and a lower cost of system resources used, which improve network reliability.