- IP Source Guard provides Layer 2 source IP address filtering to prevent spoofing of an unauthorized host uses authorized hosts IP address. This feature uses dynamic DHCP Snooping and a static input of the source IP address.
- The S4200 series support DHCP Snooping which prevent attacks with using an illegal DHCP server by setting trusted ports and unused ports. By enabling DHCP Snooping Binding and DHCP option 82, you can combine modules such as dot1x and ARP DAI or independently implement user access control.
- Access control list (ACL) can be used to restrict access to sensitive network resources by filtering packets and forwarding according to established rules. The user-defined ACL provides more flexible access control for users.
- The S4200 series supports much more L2 security features such as ARP protection, ARP scanning and other ARP and MAC security technologies to protect network security and reliability.
- Advanced administration of DCN switches. Network solutions configured via the well-known command line interface (CLI) or the easy-to-use Web-based graphical interface.
- Network traffic monitoring using sFlow or SNMP protocols.
- The S4200 series supports 4 Gigabit ports as an uplink, which can work as redundant links working with various ring protection functions, effectively increasing the scalability and network performance.
- G.8032 (ERPS) with a 50ms network structure switching time provides protection in the event of a connection failure and re-recovery of L2 layer traffic in ring topology. The S4200 series supports G.8032 v2 and can be implemented in a variety of complex network topologies, including single ring, tangential ring, and intersecting rings.
- The multiple spanning tree protocol (MSTP) allows the introduction of many logical network topologies - instances to which multiple VLANs can be assigned - resulting in redundant and stable Ethernet transmission.
- MRPP is a authorial DCN protocol offering ring protection. Compared to the STP protocol, it has faster convergence (50ms), a simple algorithm and a lower cost of system resources used, which improve network reliability
- Multicast VLAN Register (MVR) enables efficient distribution of multicast streams for IPTV Layer 2 and reduces the bandwidth consumed by this traffic. If hosts in multiple VLANs request the same multicast stream, it is distributed to specific VLANs.
- The S4200 series offers use of the IGMP Snooping function, which prevents flooding, thus transmitting multicast traffic only to the associated ports.
- By using IGMP Proxy configuration cooperating with IGMP Snooping, IGMP communication in the network is reduced.